SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Sarasota Police Department is still investigating a deadly hit-and-run that happened in January.
Police said 36-year-old Gisela Staino of Hialeah was fatally struck just before midnight on Saturday, Jan. 27 on Fruitville Road near Bearded Oaks Drive.
Video obtained from red light cameras near the crime scene shows a damaged vehicle traveling along Fruitville Road shortly after the incident.
The vehicle is believed to be a Mazda 3 Sedan made between 2004 and 2009. It’s silver, gray or blue in color with a broken right side headlight and heavy front right front-end damage.
Anyone with information on the incident should call Sarasota Police Traffic Unit Officer Tim Bales at 941-915-3635.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pasco Co. assistant principal arrested on federal charges following Homeland Security probe
- Man shot in car drives to Tampa Steak n Shake to get help
- White House proposes food box deliveries instead of food stamps
- Teen’s dying words lead deputies to her suspected killers
- Second teen sentenced in plot that left girl shot in head
- Nurse calls out sick with flu, then gets fired for violating hospital’s attendance policy