PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) – A 25-year-old server who was fired from a Florida restaurant after she complained on Facebook that a church hadn’t tipped her for preparing a large take-out order says she’s now been compensated.
Tamlynn Yoder tells the Palm Beach Post that officials from Christ Fellowship church in Palm Beach Gardens contacted her after reports that she’d been fired from Outback Steakhouse.
She says officials told her several families from the church gave the money to compensate her with “more than a tip.”
The controversy began last Wednesday when the church placed a 75-item order.
Yoder posted that she spent much of her shift preparing it and only made $18 in tips the rest of the day.
She was fired the next day. Yoder says the restaurant hasn’t contacted her.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Mother-daughter fight over pot and an ex-boyfriend ends in gunfire
- Teacher dies from flu after delaying treatment due to cost
- VIDEO: St. Pete PD seeks driver of car in area of attempted armed abduction
- Openly gay Florida teacher fired after posting wedding pictures on Facebook
- Deputies: Pasco pastor raped young parishioner, told her she was possessed by demon
- Lakeland mom warning parents after catching man touching himself while watching kids near park