LANCASTER, PA (AP) – Police say an extremely simple sketch helped investigators identify a suspect in a theft from a Pennsylvania farmers market.
Lancaster police say the suspect pretended to be an employee before stealing an undisclosed amount in cash from a stand inside Central Market last month.
A witness provided the minimalist black-and-white drawing to officers. Police say while the sketch was cartoonish, it helped remind an investigator of a potential suspect.
A photo of the suspect was given to the witness, who made a positive identification.
Police are searching for 44-year-old Hung Phuoc Nguyen, who is facing two counts of theft.
A spokesman for the police department says that as of Friday afternoon, Nguyen still hadn’t been arrested.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- What’s Going Around: Doctors starting to see kids who’ve had the flu twice
- Police: Washington man raped dying woman, texted photos
- VIDEO: Florida server stiffed by church on $735 bill fired over Facebook rant
- 99-year-old in fatal Florida crash passed eye, road tests
- Police: St. Pete man stabs, kills intruder who broke into his apartment
- Nurse calls out sick with flu, then gets fired for violating hospital’s attendance policy