LUTZ, Fla. (WFLA) — When it comes to the 2018 Winter Olympic games and PyeongChang most events like cross country skiing and snowboarding are sports that can’t be practiced in Florida.
But when it comes to curling, not only do they have equipment in Lutz, they have a league where teams go to compete.
It’s called the Tampa Bay Curling Club. The curling club is home to a league of ten teams.
It is the only place in Tampa Bay You will find organized curling.
The only other location in the state of Florida is over in Orlando.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deputies: Pasco pastor had sex with girl, told her she had multiple personalities, one was a demon
- What’s Going Around: Doctors starting to see kids who’ve had the flu twice
- Police: Washington man raped dying woman, texted photos
- VIDEO: Florida server stiffed by church on $735 bill fired over Facebook rant
- 99-year-old in fatal Florida crash passed eye, road tests
- Police: St. Pete man stabs, kills intruder who broke into his apartment
- Nurse calls out sick with flu, then gets fired for violating hospital’s attendance policy