NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) – A North Port High School student was arrested by police Thursday night on allegations of making threats to do harm to other students.
The North Port Police Department received a number of tips about a student making threats to other students through social media.
The juvenile, whose name was not disclosed, was placed under arrest. It’s unclear what charges he may face at this time.
“We take these types of threats seriously. We thank everyone who did the right thing and reached out to us. We are confident this issue has been resolved and look forward to a safe Friday on campus,” the agency said in a release.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Missed our Better Call Behnken phone bank? Claim your cash online
- Mom says toddler’s eyebrows waxed at daycare
- Brevard Co. man survives 10+ hours of rape, torture, bleach injuries
- Law enforcement cracking down on kratom
- Family of woman who died in Port Richey casino shuttle boat fire break their silence
- Mother who lost son in Ohio State Fair accident opens up about what happened