HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH)– The number of flu deaths in Connecticut has risen to 63 people on Thursday.
The Connecticut Department of Public Health reports that 11 more people have died from the flu since last week.
Anyone over the age of 6 months, is urged to get a flu vaccine.
In an effort to reduce the spread of the flu virus, the Department of Public Health is working with local health departments to provide free or low cost flu vaccines at several locations across Connecticut on Saturday for State Flu Vaccination Day.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Missed our Better Call Behnken phone bank? Claim your cash online
- Mom says toddler’s eyebrows waxed at daycare
- Brevard Co. man survives 10+ hours of rape, torture, bleach injuries
- Law enforcement cracking down on kratom
- Family of woman who died in Port Richey casino shuttle boat fire break their silence
- Mother who lost son in Ohio State Fair accident opens up about what happened