ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – The University of Central Florida has suspended a fraternity after a woman complained that her son was forced to chug a bottle of vodka during a pledging event.
The university has scheduled a Feb. 16 hearing for Beta Theta Pi, which was accused of hazing and providing alcohol to minors in November.
The suspension came after a former pledge’s mother wrote the fraternity’s national organization saying her son was dropped as a pledge after getting sick because he was forced to drink a “huge bottle” of Smirnoff Ice.
Beta Theta Pi was banned from Penn State University after a pledge died at a fraternity party there last year.
The national organization says it’s working with the University of Central Florida to investigate this latest case.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Amazon delivery man found wandering through Sarasota man’s home
- Foster kids kept in cars at Wawa parking lot in Hillsborough County
- Woman found holding her eyeballs outside of South Carolina church
- Deputy-involved shooting injures 2 in Brandon Home Depot parking lot
- WATCH: Florida man does cartwheel during sobriety test