ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) — A man who police say was kidnapped in a Kissimmee home invasion was found dead early Wednesday near Orlando International Airport, police said.
The body of Victor Manuel Delgado Rivera, 21, was found along a stretch of road at Andros Place and Avenue C near the airport, officials said.
Kissimmee police said they believe Rivera was kidnapped from an apartment at Essex Park Villas on Michigan Avenue.
Police said the kidnapping was reported at about 1 a.m. Rivera’s body was found around 1:40 a.m.
Investigators with the Kissimmee and Orlando police departments spent more than 12 hours at the home invasion scene on Wednesday.
Police said they are searching for a year 2000 light brown Ford Aerostar minivan.
Anyone who may have seen the van in either the Kissimmee area, or southeast Orlando in the early morning hours of Jan. 31 is asked to call Orlando Police at 407-246-2900. Tips can also be submitted anonymously through Crimeline.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Experts: The one flu symptom you shouldn’t ignore
- Armed man robs poker room cashier at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tampa
- VIDEO: Sarasota High School employee fired over Snapchat video with teen
- Woman sold as sex slave on Tampa streets at age 10 helps others survive
- ‘A cesspool of funky flu’: Florida ER nurse goes on epic rant about flu season