TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Whether it’s a good post-holiday clean or a fresh start to the new year, now seems to be a popular time for selling things to bring in some extra cash.
Or maybe you’re just trying to get rid of that awful Christmas present your step mom re-gifted to you.
No matter why you find yourself selling your stuff, here are some tips on what types of items are worth your time to sell.
Power tools and lawn equipment
Folks at Value Pawn and Jewelry said these items usually bring in good sums on the secondary market, but they’re seasonal.
“When building starts back up and the weather gets warmer, there is a big demand for power tools and lawn equipment,” said Frank Morales.
Kitchen appliances and jewelry
These items can also bring in a nice cash flow and this time of year is often a good time to get rid of them.
“People are getting their refunds back soon,” Morales said. “So we see people coming in to spend money.”
Computers and mobile phones, are good sellers online on sites like eBay, LetGo and OfferUp.
You can also pawn them off at Sam’s Computers in Tampa Flea Market.
“iPhones never lose value,” said Carlos Lopez of Sam’s. “An iPhone 7 in good condition can still get $350-400 sometimes.”
Cleaning out your kids’ closet can put cash in your pocket. Kids clothing can be good sellers online and at flea markets. As families grow, they often look for inexpensive places to get clothes for little ones.
Next week: I’ll show you the best items to buy and when you can get the best deals.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Sarasota parents arrested after 2-month-old baby hospitalized with numerous fractures
- What’s Going Around? Flu, strep throat, viruses at local schools: Jan. 29-Feb. 2
- Florida named worst state in country by travel website
- Deputies: Polk man charged with child porn, sent nude videos to family of ex-girlfriend, 17
- Man rescued after sand tunnel collapses on Florida beach
- FULL COVERAGE: Pirates invade Tampa for Gasparilla 2018
- Panera Bread voluntarily recalls some cream cheese due to possible Listeria
- Hillary Clinton mocks Trump in ‘Fire and Fury’ Grammys skit