FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – A Florida man has been sentenced to death for killing two men who responded to his online ad offering his services as a male escort.
News outlets report that a jury made its unanimous recommendation Thursday for 33-year-old Peter Avsenew.
He was convicted in November of first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say Avsenew killed 52-year-old Stephen Adams and 47-year-old Kevin Powell at their Wilton Manors home in December 2010.
Investigators say Avsenew also stole their credit cards and their car.
He then went to Polk County to visit his mother, who turned him in when she found out he was wanted by the police.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- LIST: Sam’s Club to close store in South Tampa, more locations across country
- FHP: Drunk woman hit cars on I-4, urinated on roadside, let boy, 2, wander toward traffic
- Deadly strain of flu hits Florida
- Good Samaritan shocked that hospital patient was discharged in gown, socks on cold winter night
- Bear attacks man outside Naples apartment
- Theme park deals for Floridians at Disney, Universal, Legoland, Busch Gardens
- Woman returns ‘dead’ Christmas tree to Costco in Jan. for full refund