BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) – Walmart is boosting its starting salary for U.S. workers to $11 an hour, giving a one-time $1,000 cash bonus to eligible employees and expanding its maternity and parental leave benefits.
The retailer said Thursday changes that to its compensation and benefits policy will impact more than a million hourly workers in the U.S., with the wage increase effective next month.
The company is also creating a new benefit to assist employees with adoption expenses.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- FHP: Drunk woman hit cars on I-4, urinated on roadside, let boy, 2, wander toward traffic
- Deadly strain of flu hits Florida
- Bear attacks man outside Naples apartment
- Bill could keep Florida from springing forward, falling back
- Sheriff: Alabama FEMA contractor traveled to Polk City, murdered man he met after Hurricane Irma
- Another GOP governor seeks exclusion from Trump drilling proposal
- Woman returns ‘dead’ Christmas tree to Costco in Jan. for full refund