ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The holidays may be behind us, but that doesn’t mean package thieves are taking a break.
On January 4, a bold package thief was caught on camera swiping an Amazon package from a home in St. Petersburg, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said.
Surveillance video shows a gray Infinity pull into the driveway of a home in the 3500 block of 50th Avenue.
A male subject is seen getting out of the car, walking to the porch in a nonchalant manner and swiping a medium-sized package. He carries it back to the car and drives away. There was also an unidentified female inside the car, according to the agency.
Deputies say the following day, the same man was seen on surveillance video stealing another package from a home in the 3900 block of 53rd Ave. North.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday evening the suspect has been identified as Andrew Shamma, 24.
He was arrested on two counts of burglary.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- VIDEO: Woman evacuates Palm Harbor home after possible sinkhole forms
- Boy found living in Brevard home with 58 dogs and cats, some were dead
- Manatee Co. men accused in disturbing viral shark video due in court today
- Michigan mother, boyfriend were likely headed to Florida after 4-year-old girl’s murder
- Better Call Behnken: Auto shop keeping woman’s Ford Mustang hostage even though she tries to pay
- Tampa Bay area brides say ‘I do’ to $299 designer wedding dresses
- Woman returns ‘dead’ Christmas tree to Costco in Jan. for full refund