TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly crash involving a dump truck and a person who was pushing a disabled car.
Highway 301 North is closed in both directions in Hillsborough County between McIntosh Road and County Line Road because of the crash. Drivers are being asked to avoid the area.
A Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson said a dump truck rear-ended a disabled Honda that a man, 25, was pushing. The dump truck then hit a van. The 25-year-old man who was pushing the Honda died from injuries suffered in the crash. The road remains closed for the investigation.
Drivers encountered delays on another busy Tampa Bay area road on Wednesday morning.
A police investigation closed the left lanes in both directions of Interstate-4 in Lakeland. Tampa Police Department officers were involved in a chase that went into Polk County. The resulting investigation closed the left lanes in both directions of I-4.
Eastbound drivers faced a 45-minute commute time between the Polk parkways. Westbound drivers had a 25-minute commute.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- VIDEO: Woman evacuates Palm Harbor home after possible sinkhole forms
- Manatee Co. men accused in disturbing viral shark video due in court today
- Michigan mother, boyfriend were likely headed to Florida after 4-year-old girl’s murder
- Better Call Behnken: Auto shop keeping woman’s Ford Mustang hostage even though she tries to pay
- Tampa Bay area brides say ‘I do’ to $299 designer wedding dresses