TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies say a 20-year-old man was fatally struck in Tampa Friday afternoon after he walked in front of a dump truck.
The incident happened at Sligh Avenue near US Hwy 301.
According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, a 2000 Peterbilt dump truck was on Hwy 301, about to turn left for westbound Sligh Avenue on a green left turn arrow. As the truck was approaching the intersection, Erick Miguel Lizardi walked in front of it and was fatally struck. Deputies said Lizardi died at the scene.
The collision shut down a portion of East Sligh Avenue. The eastbound lanes of Sligh Avenue have been re-opened and all but one lane of Westbound Sligh Avenue remain closed from North Hwy 301 to Senoj Drive, deputies said.
No charges are expected in this matter. An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Tampa woman responds after man sues over ‘bobcat’ attack in high-rise condo
- Publix sub named America’s No. 1 sandwich
- Girl, 11, killed by train in Haines City, conductor says she was looking at phone
- Pinellas deputy saves woman from jumping off Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Boy, 4, confined to closet says rats and roaches were his friends
- Woman with cancer marries in hospital hours before her death
- Children ordered to sleep in bed with murdered brother’s body
- Contestant loses $3,200 for mispronouncing ‘gangsta’ on Jeopardy