MIAMI (AP) – A United States Coast Guard crew from Clearwater rescued a 12-year-old Canadian boy who was suffering from symptoms of appendicitis while on a cruise ship.
Coast Guard officials said in a news release that a MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew from Air Station Clearwater transported the boy and his father to Miami on Tuesday night.
They were on board the Caribbean Princess cruise ship, which was about 230 miles southeast of Miami.
The agency did not list the name or hometown of the boy.
No further details were immediately available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Storm system brings snow, ice to Florida
- Hillsborough sheriff seeks help finding missing mom, 4 kids
- Mega Millions lottery ticket worth $4 million sold in Florida
- Pasco County car stop rattles woman and her dad
- Woman killed when airboat hit object in water in Polk County
- Woman with cancer marries in hospital hours before her death