OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (WFLA/NBC) – How do you propose to your girlfriend if you’re a pilot? You propose in front of passengers, of course.
It helps if your girlfriend happens to be a flight attendant.
Passengers on board a commercial flight from Detroit to Oklahoma City witnessed the charming proposal.
When the plane was being prepared for the flight, pilot Jon Wmerson proposed to his flight attendant girlfriend Lauren Gibbs.
It happened to be the first time the airline-employee couple had ever flown professionally together.
Jon got down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his pocket as Lauren broke down into happy tears.
She said “Yes.”
After sharing an emotional embrace with his new bride-to-be, Jon jumped back onto the pa system to let the rest of the cabin know what had happened.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Security guards shoot, kill, 2 people outside teen club in Hillsborough
- COLD SNAP! Winds make temperatures feel like 15 to 35 degrees in Tampa Bay area
- AMBER Alert issued for 2 Texas girls after their mother found dead
- Goodbye 2017: New Florida laws immediately go into effect in the new year
- 2 Clearwater doctors and family reported among 12 dead in Costa Rica plane crash
- Get FREE Bloomin’ Onion at Outback Steakhouse on Tuesday