COCOA, Fla. (AP) – A Brevard County man told investigators he punched an automatic teller machine because it gave him too much cash.
An arrest report says 23-year-old Michael Joseph Oleksik man caused about $5,000 in damage to an ATM at a Wells Fargo bank branch in Cocoa on Nov. 29.
He was arrested Dec. 22 on a criminal mischief charge after bank officials decided to press charges.
Surveillance video captured Oleksik pummeling the touch screen.
An arrest report says that Oleksik told a bank manager he was angry that the machine was giving him too much money and he didn’t know what to do because he was in a hurry for work. He apologized for causing damage.
Jail records don’t list a lawyer for Oleksik.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Man arrested for DUI in hit-and-run crash that injured 3 children on I-75
- Deputies looking for man who could be armed after homicide at Carrollwood apartment complex
- INVESTIGATION: FHP trooper resigns, accused of having sex with crash victim while on duty
- Claire’s stores pull make-up kits due to asbestos concerns
- Duck hunters’ gunshots frightening Pinellas residents near Bayside Bridge
- Weeki Wachee to hold auditions for mermaids