TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Two pedestrians were hit on roads in the Tampa Bay area on Wednesday morning.
A man was hit on Interstate-275 after his car ran out of gas.
A Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson said the man’s car became disabled when it ran out of gas in one of the southbound lanes on I-275.
The man was walking in the median while returning to his car.
A driver in the southbound lanes had to swerve to avoid hitting the man’s disabled car and wound up hitting the man as he walked in the median.
The names of those involved have not been released. FHP said Wednesday afternoon the man is recovering well.
In Pinellas Park, a female pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in the 8800 block of 49th Street North.
The crash happened at 6:42 a.m.
The woman was transported to a local hospital.
The driver of the vehicle that hit her remained at the scene and is cooperating with investigators.
Police had to close the northbound lanes of 49th Street between 86th Avenue and 90th Avenue for the investigation.
No other details have been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Police: Arizona infant dies after being bent in half by father
- Deputies: Man deserted 3 children after crash on busy Plant City road
- 12-year-old boy hit, killed in hit-and-run crash on International Drive in Orlando
- Porch pirate nabbed in Pinellas Park, Christmas gift returned to family
- Pilot in deadly Bartow plane crash had advanced training
- Man on drug called ‘wasp’ breaks into home, cuts throat in front of mother and children
- Christmas Eve tragedy: What we know about the 5 victims of the Bartow plane crash