HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A pedestrian was fatally struck on US-301 Wednesday afternoon, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
It happened at the intersection of the highway and Williams Road in Hillsborough County.
Troopers said Jamie Marie Jones, 34, was in a marked crosswalk, walking across the highway when she was struck by a Volkswagen Jetta traveling southbound.
Jones sustained serious injuries and was taken to Florida Hospital where she died.
The driver of the Jetta, 52-year-old Kahled Marie, was not injured, according to the incident report.
Troopers said charges are pending.
No further information is available at this time.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Accused Seminole Heights killer’s parents to tell judge why they won’t give info about son
- Florida Strawberry Festival concert tickets go on sale at 8 am today, The Band Perry cancels
- VIDEO: More than 50 reports of fireballs in the Tampa Bay area Tuesday night
- Davenport mayor arrested, accused of using dead persons’ IDs
- Police: Lakeland infant suffocated to death between mom’s legs
- Teen found kidnapped, battered in Polk Co. after suspected pimp calls police worried about her