TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A fire broke out at a popular barbecue restaurant in South Tampa Wednesday night.
Eight units responded to 4 Rivers BBQ, which is on the corner of S. MacDill Av and W. Swann Av. after it caught fire.
Firefighters determined the fire was caused by a freezer unit beside the fryer area in the kitchen.
The restaurant’s automatic sprinkler system was able to keep the fire from spreading outside the area of the freezer.
The fire was brought under control by 11:25 p.m.
Officials say the building sustained $200,000 worth of fire, smoke and water damage.
Fortunately, no one was inside the building when it caught fire.
This is a developing story. Stay on WFLA.com for more information.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Accused Seminole Heights killer’s parents to tell judge why they won’t give info about son
- Florida Strawberry Festival concert tickets go on sale at 8 am today, The Band Perry cancels
- VIDEO: More than 50 reports of fireballs in the Tampa Bay area Tuesday night
- Davenport mayor arrested, accused of using dead persons’ IDs
- Police: Lakeland infant suffocated to death between mom’s legs
- Teen found kidnapped, battered in Polk Co. after suspected pimp calls police worried about her