OLYMPIA, Wa. (KING) The Washington State Department of Health is asking for public commentary on a proposal that would add a gender-neutral option for sex designation on birth certificates.
The proposed rule includes changes to the requirements for individuals to request a change to the sex designation on their birth certificate.
It also removes the requirement for medical verification for adults making a request, which would expand the number of providers who can verify the gender change for minors.
Read more: http://kng5.tv/2AXxjid
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Teen found kidnapped, battered in Polk Co. after pimp calls police worried she didn’t come home
- Seminole Heights murder suspect Howell Donaldson to remain behind bars
- Unqualified ASL poser with criminal past dupes police at Seminole Heights killer news conference
- Body of missing autistic Florida girl, 4, found
- Police: Woman posed as ex-boyfriend online to send threats to herself
- Cheesecake Factory giving away 10k free slices of cheesecake