LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Largo High School is no longer on a lockout following a social media threat.
Largo police officers responded to the school at 410 Missouri Ave earlier Tuesday.
Officers told News Channel 8 exclusively there was a threat of a school shooting written on a Largo High School bathroom wall.
A photo of the bathroom wall was posted on SnapChat and circulated online causing worry on campus.
The wall read, “School shooting @ 11:30 today, this is for real. He is coming warn everyone. Please help.”
“I think that should be taken seriously, especially with all the things that are going on with all the shootings,” said Emilio Fernandez, a man who lives nearby.
Officers said students inside the school were still attending class but no one was allowed in or out of the building.
“That’s not even something that you joke about or write about. It’s scary,” said neighbor Shannon McCarthy.
Officers are providing limited details as the investigation continues.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Teen found kidnapped, battered in Polk Co. after pimp calls police worried she didn’t come home
- Seminole Heights murder suspect Howell Donaldson to remain behind bars
- Unqualified ASL poser with criminal past dupes police at Seminole Heights killer news conference
- Body of missing autistic Florida girl, 4, found
- Police: Woman posed as ex-boyfriend online to send threats to herself
- Cheesecake Factory giving away 10k free slices of cheesecake