WASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump is throwing his full support behind embattled Republican Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race.
Trump tweeted early Monday that “Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama.”
It was Trump’s most full-throated endorsement of Moore, who has lost backing of many top Republicans since he was hit with allegations of sexual misconduct decades ago.
Trump has assailed Democratic candidate Doug Jones and has defended Moore against allegations of child molestation. But the White House has said he has no plans to make campaign appearances.
Trump tweeted: “We need his vote on stopping crime, illegal immigration, Border Wall, Military, Pro Life, V.A., Judges 2nd Amendment and more. No to Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet!
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Body of missing Florida girl, 4, found
- Dunkin’ Donuts giving out free iced coffee Monday in Florida
- 3rd trial beginning for Miami mom in ‘Baby Lollipops’ killing
- Cops: Daytona man arrested in online child sex sting said he was going to kill girl
- Search underway for driver who intentionally hit Dade City police officer
- Authorities trying to identify body of male found near Egmont Key
- Billy Bush says Trump ‘Access Hollywood’ tape is real
- Police: Woman posed as ex-boyfriend online to send threats to herself
- Police: Man, 18, admits to molesting 50 kids in 8 years