Spark from room heater starts fire at Tampa Marriott hotel

(Source: Tampa Fire Rescue)

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sparks from a room heater started a fire at Tampa Courtyard Marriott hotel on Thursday.

According to Tampa Fire Rescue, a guest on the third floor of the hotel, located at 3805 W Cypress St, alerted hotel staff and called 911 when the first started.

The guest also alerted guests in the hallway and adjacent rooms of the fire and the hotel was quickly evacuated.

The sprinkler system inside the room activated and kept the fire from spreading.

Firefighters ensured the fire was out.

There was no fire damage to the room, but other rooms sustained smoke and water damage.

The fire was under control by 9:30 p.m. and there were no reported injuries.

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s