LAREDO, Tex. (WFLA) — Police in Texas are getting into the spirit of giving, by handing out turkeys instead of tickets to drivers they pull over.
Officers with the Loredo Police Department pulled people over who had committed actual traffic violations. But instead of getting a ticket, the drivers received a written warning and a Thanksgiving turkey.
The turkeys were donated by a local business.
The police department posted photos on their Facebook page of officers with several of the surprised drivers.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Former Florida student awarded $49.3 million after being repeatedly raped by teacher in classroom
- WATCH: K9 does push-ups with officers
- Suspected Florida serial killer wrote message with victim’s blood, police say
- Tampa Bay area police, firefighters, engineers buy fake college diplomas
- WKRP’s ‘Turkeys Away’ becomes Thanksgiving tradition (No, turkeys can’t fly)