TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Thanksgiving is tomorrow and the folks over at Feeding Tampa Bay are scrambling to get meals out to people so they don’t go hungry over the holiday.
Feeding Tampa Bay distributes over 100,000 meals every day and they don’t expect that number to get any smaller over the holiday.
The organization estimates 700,000 people go hungry every day across their 10 County service area. Had to break that down it means one in seven adults and one in for children go food insecure every day.
The good news is feeding Tampa Bay distributes to over 500 agencies throughout 10 counties and if you are looking for one of their locations to find food for yourself or your family all you have to do is type in your zip code at the Feeding Tampa Bay website and locations in your area will start to populate:
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- US Navy plane with 11 aboard crashes into Pacific; 8 found
- US 19 reopens in Pasco Co., firefighters at scene of strip club fire
- Trump labels father of UCLA player an ‘ungrateful fool’
- Former Florida student awarded $49.3 million after being repeatedly raped by teacher in classroom
- Teen idol David Cassidy, ‘Partridge Family’ star, dies at 67
- Suspected Florida serial killer wrote message with victim’s blood, police say
- Tampa Bay area police, firefighters, engineers buy fake college diploma