BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – A woman was found dead inside a tiny trailer just north of Brooksville on Wednesday. Detectives are calling her death suspicious.
Hernando County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a call at 4:15 a.m. about an incident at 15013 Old Stage Coach Road.
“When the deputies arrived they did find a deceased female on-scene,” sheriff’s spokeswoman Denise Moloney told News Channel 8.
The woman hasn’t been identified and investigators wouldn’t reveal her age.
Moloney said there’s no danger to the community, adding that “everyone involved in the incident has been identified and accounted for.”
Investigators identified the person charged as Joshua Carroll, 32.
Carroll has been charged with second degree homicide in connection with the investigation.
Investigators say the victim knew the suspect and died as a result of homicidal violence.
He’s being held with no bond at the Hernando County Detention Center.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 8 found alive after US Navy plane crashes into Pacific; 3 still missing
- US 19 reopens in Pasco Co., firefighters at scene of strip club fire
- Trump labels father of UCLA player an ‘ungrateful fool’
- Former Florida student awarded $49.3 million after being repeatedly raped by teacher in classroom
- Teen idol David Cassidy, ‘Partridge Family’ star, dies at 67
- Suspected Florida serial killer wrote message with victim’s blood, police say
- Tampa Bay area police, firefighters, engineers buy fake college diploma