ANCHORAGE, Alaska (WFLA/NBC) – Mother Nature put on an amazing show in Alaska on Tuesday morning.
The Alaska sky lit up and bathed the area in a green glow from the Northern Lights.
A weather camera in Anchorage recorded time-lapse video of the beautiful light show.
The Northern Lights could be seen in many parts of the state.
Northern Lights occur when the sun shoots charged particles that collide with the earth’s atmosphere.
The most common color is a pale yellowish-green which is caused when the sun’s charged particles collide with oxygen some 60 miles over the earth’s surface.
Other colors like purple and blue Northern Lights are caused by other gasses in the earth’s atmosphere.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 5 suspects in stolen DCF vehicle caused massive traffic jam on I-4 yesterday
- Deputies arrest driver accused of killing mother of 2 in Seffner hit-and-run
- New rankings reveal safest booster seats for your kids
- Neal McCoy’s new country music single takes aim at kneeling during national anthem
- Tampa Bay area police, firefighters, engineers buy fake college diplomas
- WATCH: Beloved Florida eagles Harriet, M15 incubating new egg
- Former Florida student awarded $49.3 million after being repeatedly raped by teacher in classroom
- Parents arrested after Lakeland baby tests positive for methamphetamine