SOUTH DAYTONA, Fla. (WESH) — A dog’s leg must be amputated after a man threw an M80 firecracker at it for being in his South Daytona yard, police said.
South Daytona police said Madison Carroll, 58, threw an M80 firecracker at his next-door neighbor’s dachshund when he saw it and another dog running around his yard.
The explosion blew off one of the dog’s paws and its leg will have to be amputated, police said.
Carroll was arrested and charged with animal cruelty, a third-degree felony.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Witness provides description of Seminole Heights murder suspect after 4th victim found in road
- Police apologize for warning about shopping carts and drugs
- Suspected Florida serial killer wrote message with victim’s blood, police say
- Florida Strawberry Festival announces 2018 entertainment lineup
- WATCH & HELP: Video shows ‘person of interest’ running near 1st Seminole Hts murder