CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) — The Clearwater Police Department says three of its officers are recovering from minor injuries after arresting a violent suspect with a knife.
Police responded to Clearwater Beach Saturday night for a report about a man beating a woman in a marina parking lot on Causeway Boulevard.
When officers got to the scene, they say 36-year-old Justin Shuford was being aggressive toward citizens who had stepped in to help the woman.
As police began to take him into custody, they realized he was armed with a small knife that he had concealed.
Police say he started to violently resist his arrest and stabbed and/or cut three officers with the knife before he was finally handcuffed.
Each officer was treated at a nearby hospital for minor injuries. All of them have been released.
Shuford is in Pinellas County Jail, charged with attempted murder in the first degree, two counts of aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer with a weapon, resisting an officer with violence, and domestic battery. He’s held on $715,000 bond.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Man’s body found in wooded area in New Port Richey
- Suspected Florida serial killer wrote message with victim’s blood, police say
- VIDEO: Orlando TSA agent risks life, grabs exploding bag
- Double-amputee veteran runs 31 marathons in 31 days
- Volunteers needed to make special hats for newborns
- WATCH: Women climb through drive-thru window to assault manager over McNuggets order
- No experience required for $10,000 a month ‘CEO’ job in Cancun