SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police are warning residents of callers posing as officers to get money.
Police say these individuals are “spoofing” or using the agency’s number (941-366-8000) to make phone calls asking for money.
The agency said it would never ask for your banking information over the phone.
If you receive this type of call, hang up and call the Sarasota Police Department Non-Emergency Line at 941-316-1199 to report it and verify the call.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Former Bucs DT Miller arrested in Florida on battery charge
- Marine drill instructor gets 10 years for abusing recruits
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video taken without permission
- Daughter who married mother pleads guilty to incest
- Clearwater Beach man facing eviction over emotional support squirrel