PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Pasco County Fire Rescue was called to the scene of a gas leak that evacuated a hotel Friday night.
Fire Rescue responded to the Quality Inn located at 27615 Wesley Chapel Blvd.
The main air conditioner for the building had a Freon gas leak, causing a large plume to fill four floors.
Tampa Fire Rescue was requested for mutual aid. They used a vent truck to clear out the fumes.
Hotel guests were allowed back into their rooms shortly after.
There were over 175 people staying at the hotel.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Police warn to wipe down shopping carts, but not because of germs
- Marine drill instructor gets 10 years for abusing recruits
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video taken without permission
- Daughter who married mother pleads guilty to incest
- Clearwater Beach man facing eviction over emotional support squirrel