HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP/WFLA) – A 31-year-old mother is charged with first degree murder after the body of her young daughter was found in a dumpster over the weekend.
According to a Miami Herald report , Miami-Dade Police spokesman Argemis Colome said a man called 911 Sunday after finding the body of a girl in the trash bin at his Homestead apartment complex.
Colome said the girl was between 3 and 8 years old. Her body was taken to the medical examiner’s office for an autopsy.
NBC 6 Miami reported on Monday morning that Tina Farrington, 31, had been arrested. Farrington is the girl’s mother.
Police have not confirmed the identity of the body found in the dumpster.
Colome said it wasn’t clear whether the body matched any reports about missing children. He said no one immediately came forward with any information identifying the child or explaining what had happened to her.
Investigators removed the trash bin. It wasn’t clear when the trash had last been collected.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 26 killed at Texas church: Authorities examining suspect’s social media posts
- WATCH: Officer punches woman who slapped him at Univ. of Miami game
- Tropical Depression 19 forms in central Atlantic
- What we know about the alleged Texas church shooter
- Trump: Texas mass shooting is about mental health, not guns
- Church shooting victims include pastor’s daughter, pregnant woman