KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Pentagon says a U.S. soldier has died from wounds sustained during an operation in Afghanistan’s eastern Logar province.
The Defense Department identifies the solider as 33-year-old Sgt. 1st Class Stephen B. Cribben of Simi Valley, California. He was assigned to 2d Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group, Fort Carson, Colorado.
Officials say Cribben died Saturday as a result of wounds sustained while engaged in combat operations.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Pastor’s daughter among dead in church attack
- BMW issues recall for fire risk, recommends parking outside
- Florida State fraternity pledge found dead after party
- Hospital moves forward with toddler’s kidney donation after outrage
- Mom investigated for child trafficking after joking on Twitter
- SEE PHOTO: Exploding washing machine knocks mom out
- Polk City woman arrested for DUI on horse
- Pizza Hut ‘not seeing any impact’ from NFL protests on sales