FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — The Coast Guard has rescued four people who were on a sinking boat off the Florida coast.
The News-Press of Fort Myers reports that passengers sent out a mayday call Saturday night, saying their 21-foot boat was taking on water six miles off Sanibel Island in the Gulf of Mexico.
A Coast Guard boat reached them within an hour, rescuing the passengers and towing the boat to shore.
No injuries were reported.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Pastor’s daughter among dead in church attack
- BMW issues recall for fire risk, recommends parking outside
- Florida State fraternity pledge found dead after party
- Hospital moves forward with toddler’s kidney donation after outrage
- Mom investigated for child trafficking after joking on Twitter
- SEE PHOTO: Exploding washing machine knocks mom out
- Polk City woman arrested for DUI on horse
- Pizza Hut ‘not seeing any impact’ from NFL protests on sales