HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A motorcyclist is dead after he collided with a boat on US-41 in Hillsborough County Saturday, the Florida Highway Patrol says.
The incident happened just south of Old US-41 A at 11:10 a.m..
The motorcyclist, identified as 55-year-old Frederick E. Grayson of Bradenton, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers said he was traveling northbound on US-41 behind a Ford F-150 towing a boat. The truck had slowed down to make a U-Turn, but Grayson did not slow down or stop, resulting in the collision. Grayson was ejected from the motorcycle and sustained fatal injuries.
The incident is under investigation with charges pending.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida State fraternity pledge found dead after party
- Hospital moves forward with toddler’s kidney donation after outrage
- Mom investigated for child trafficking after joking on Twitter
- SEE PHOTO: Exploding washing machine knocks mom out
- Polk City woman arrested for DUI on horse
- Pizza Hut ‘not seeing any impact’ from NFL protests on sales