DESOTO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A football coach at DeSoto County High School is accused of battering a student during practice on Tuesday.
Deputies arrested 23-year-old Devontre’a Lamott Lashown Tyler Thursday after the school’s principal reported the alleged incident.
He was taken to the DeSoto County Jail.
The DeSoto County Sheriff’s Office says there are no additional investigations ongoing at this time.
No further details are immediately available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida State fraternity pledge found dead after party
- Hospital moves forward with toddler’s kidney donation after outrage
- Mom investigated for child trafficking after joking on Twitter
- SEE PHOTO: Exploding washing machine knocks mom out
- Polk City woman arrested for DUI on horse
- Pizza Hut ‘not seeing any impact’ from NFL protests on sales