ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — St. Pete police are warning of a Craiglist rental scam after a man was arrested on Monday.
Police say Courtney Dontarious Daniels posted a fake rental listing on Craigslist for a home in the 3800 block of 49th Ave North.
After one woman responded to the ad, Daniels met with her at a local McDonald’s to have her fill out an application and put down a $500 deposit.
According to police, Daniels does not own the home or work for the company responsible for managing it. He was arrested and charged with fraud on Monday.
Police said Daniels also went by other names, Chris, Bryan, Brandon or Dan. They worry there may be more victims.
If you or someone you know has been victimized by Daniels, please call 727-893-7780.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Cops: Uber driver robbed elderly woman, 74, he picked up at Seminole Hard Rock Casino
- Deputies: Hillsborough teacher had sex with minor
- Polk City woman arrested for DUI on horse
- Jury convicts Florida woman who ‘starved and abandoned’ dog
- 6 Lakeland police officers shoot, kill man armed with shotgun
- Canadian angler sharing story of latest catch, warning for Tampa Bay area
- Hero dad reacts when man drives into Tampa Home Depot
- Chuck Norris sues over MRI chemical he says poisoned wife
- Seminole Co. woman accused of having sex with friend’s son, 16