SAN ANTONIO (AP) – Investigators say a San Antonio-area couple punished their three young children by forcing one to brush her teeth with cat feces, using a shock collar as punishment and beating them with a thorny switch.
Thirty-two-year-old James Chalkley and 22-year-old Cheyanne Chalkley were being held Tuesday on charges of injury to a child.
James Chalkley is the father of a 3-year-old boy and two girls who are 5 and 10. Cheyanne Chalkley is their stepmother.
Arrest warrants show a teacher noticed bruising on the 5-year-old in September.
Investigators say interviews with child-protective workers revealed the extent of their punishments.
The 5-year-old told authorities that her father used a dog’s shock collar on her that left green marks on her skin.
Jail records indicate no attorneys have been appointed for the Chalkleys.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Suspected drunk driver kills woman in high-speed crash on SB I-275 in St. Pete
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay running deal for unlimited admission in 2018
- Highlands Co. resident dies from rabies after bat bite
- SUV with dog inside stolen from Orange Co. residence
- Polk County family hopes trick-or-treating tragedy will keep others safe
- Police looking for bicyclist who groped 2 women in South Tampa
- Cops: Florida man secretly recorded naked videos of girlfriend’s daughter
- Childhood friends die on same day, half mile apart from opioid overdose
- 8 most-haunted places in Tampa Bay