TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Officers with the Tampa Police Department responded to a shooting in the Sulphur Springs area on Monday morning.
Sulphur Springs is north of Seminole Heights where three people were shot and killed by an unknown gunman.
A police department spokesperson said a female was shot at 8007 N. Mulberry St. and suffered non life-threatening injuries. The spokesperson also said there is no reason to believe the shooting is related to three recent murders in Seminole Heights.
Residents in the Seminole Heights area have been on edge since the killings.
No other details have been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Manafort, Gates indicted in first charges from Russia probe
- Police: Pinellas dad charged with DUI was driving 105 mph with kids in car
- Cops: Danish inventor admits dismembering journalist
- Dave and Buster’s celebrating grand opening today in Tampa
- Tampa Bay TV news reporters from rival stations marry
- Yum! FREE goodies to celebrate Halloween
SEMINOLE HEIGHTS MURDERS COVERAGE-
- Funeral held for Seminole Heights murder victim Anthony Naiboa
- Detectives won’t stop working until they catch Seminole Heights killer
- Police chief to patrol Seminole Heights during trick-or-treating as killer remains at large
- Tampa mayor, police chief address concerns over Seminole Heights murders in roll call
- Mayor Buckhorn to Seminole Heights Killer: ‘We will hunt this son of a b**** down’
- Man with autism took wrong bus home from work, became 3rd Seminole Heights murder victim
- Father of Seminole Heights murder victim believes son took new bus route due to cancellation
- Seminole Heights victim’s father says in her honor, go hug your kids
- ‘Guardian Angels’ watch over Seminole Heights as search for killer continues
- TECO adding more lighting in Seminole Heights following 3 murders
- Hundreds walk in vigil for Seminole Heights murder victims
- HART route in Seminole Heights rerouted following 3 murders