TAMPA (WFLA) – Halloween can be scary enough without mixing booze with your boos.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 40 percent of all fatal crashes on Halloween involve a drunken driver.
AAA and Budweiser want stop that by asking all motorists to plan ahead if they are celebrating with alcohol on Tuesday. Make sure to arrange for a ride or a designated driver.
For those who did not plan ahead, the Tow To Go program is available Tuesday, Oct. 31 through 6 a.m. Wednesday Nov. 1.
Florida residents should call 855-286-9246 for a tow.
Tow To Go Guidelines:
• Confidential local ride to a safe location within 10 miles
• The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
• Free and available to AAA members and non-members
• Tow to Go is provided in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, Indiana and Wisconsin
• Tow To Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions
• Visit http://www.AAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2017
Since its inception in 1998, Tow To Go has safely removed more than 24,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and Midwest.
MORE TOP STORIES: