ISLIP, N.Y. (AP) – Police say a woman robbed a bank on Long Island while her 6-year-old daughter waited in a taxi.
Suffolk County police say 28-year-old Diana Marini entered a Chase bank in Islandia at 1 p.m. Saturday and gave the teller a note demanding cash.
They say the teller handed over an undetermined amount of money and Marini fled in a taxi that was waiting for her.
Police stopped the taxi and found Marini and her 6-year-old inside.
Marini was arrested on charges of robbery and endangering the welfare of a child.
It’s not clear if she has an attorney who could comment on the charges.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- TPD officers respond to shooting north of Seminole Heights
- Manafort, Gates indicted in first charges from Russia probe
- Police: Pinellas dad charged with DUI was driving 105 mph with kids in car
- Cops: Danish inventor admits dismembering journalist
- Dave and Buster’s celebrating grand opening today in Tampa
- Tampa Bay TV news reporters from rival stations marry
- Yum! FREE goodies to celebrate Halloween