ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Pete woman was jailed on a prostitution charge Wednesday after she allegedly offered an undercover police officer sex in exchange for $5 and a Beanie Baby teddy bear, an affidavit states.
Police said 51-year-old Karen Robinson stepped into the officer’s vehicle around 11 p.m. and “negotiated to perform oral sex” for the items. It’s unclear if the officer had a Beanie Baby in his possession.
After she was arrested, Robinson denied engaging in prostitution activity.
She was released from the Pinellas County Jail Thursday afternoon.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Couple that survived Las Vegas shooting die in auto crash
- It’s official: Jim McElwain out as head coach at Florida
- Woman killed after boy jumps off overpass, lands on her car
- Saudi Arabia grants citizenship to robot that once said it would ‘destroy humans’
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children