KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – Police in Kansas City, Kansas, are planning a surprise for a fallen officer’s oldest son who was bullied at school.
KMBC-TV reports that Officer Mitch Kelchen from Anamosa, Iowa, was killed in a car crash during Labor Day weekend when another driver crossed the center line. At Kelchen’s funeral, his oldest son collected business cards from the officers who came to honor his father.
But another student ripped them up at school.
Now Kansas City, Kansas, police are collecting business cards from all over the U.S. and a fine art store has offered to frame the cards for free.
In the middle is a patch from the Anamosa Police Department and collector police coins.
Officers say they want the boy to know “we’re all family.”
Officer Toms received a request from an officer in Iowa for some PD business cards so he collected approximately 200! Apparently a 7th Grader had lost his father in an accident & officers from around the state attended the service. They gave the young man their business cards. He took the cards to school and a bully took them from him and tore them up. Thanks to Officer Toms he will have more cards than he had the first time!
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Arrest made in attack on 90-year-old veteran in Winter Haven Publix parking lot
- Lakeland man charged with child abuse after 18-month-old suffers burns to face, head
- St. Pete family grieves death caused by tossed rock at overpass
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student
- Seminole Heights Murders: Man recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children