UPDATE: The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office has reclassified the incident as solicitation, not an attempted abduction.
HOLIDAY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a man suspected of trying to abduct a child near U.S. 19 in Holiday.
Sheriff’s office investigators say it happened around 8 p.m. on Friday.
A man tried to abduct a 12-year-old child in the area of U.S. 19. Authorities did not release a cross street location for the attempted abduction.
Detectives say the suspect was described as a black male with a thing “chin strap” style beard.
He was driving a gold, 4-door vehicle, possibly a Jaguar.
If you have information that can help investigators, or if you have seen the car, call 911.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Arrest made in attack on 90-year-old veteran in Winter Haven Publix parking lot
- Lakeland man charged with child abuse after 18-month-old suffers burns to face, head
- St. Pete family grieves death caused by tossed rock at overpass
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student
- Seminole Heights Murders: Man recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children