LAKE WALES, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk deputies are looking for witnesses to a fatal hit-and-run crash that happened overnight.
Leonard Wimberly Jr., 56, was riding his three-wheeled bicycle on Masterpiece Rd, east of Longhorn Drive in Lake Wales, when he was fatally struck by a truck traveling westbound. Deputies said the truck likely continued traveling west toward Scenic Highway.
Several pieces of debris, including parts of a broken side mirror were left at the scene, leading detectives to believe the suspect was driving a 1998-2009 Dodge 2500 or 3500 pickup truck.
If you know about this incident and wish to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward, please call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS or log onto http://www.P3tips.com to submit your tip via the web. You can submit a tip by downloading the free “P3tips” mobile app.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Florida AMBER Alert issued for girl, 2
- Polk man charged with child abuse after 18-month-old suffers burns to face, head
- St. Pete family grieves death caused by tossed rock at overpass
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student