SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Even before the sun could rise over Shelbyville police were out and the barriers up.
White Nationalists are preparing to march in the small town Saturday with a rally scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Shelbyville prepared for nearly a month.
The main focus Saturday was to keep the peace. Many of the residents putting up signs denouncing hate and a “Boo to Hate” campaign displayed in many store windows..
Some roads will be shut down for a number of hours Saturday morning.
No weapons will be allowed in the rally area and all people entering the area are subject to a search.
Once the rally concludes in Shelbyville it is scheduled to move to Murfreesboro.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Arrest made in attack on 90-year-old veteran in Winter Haven Publix parking lot
- Lakeland man charged with child abuse after 18-month-old suffers burns to face, head
- St. Pete family grieves death caused by tossed rock at overpass
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student
- Seminole Heights Murders: Man recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children