TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A busy Tampa intersection was closed Saturday morning while police investigated a hit-and-run crash involving a motorcycle.
Tampa Police Department officers are looking for the driver who abandoned their car after the hit-and-run crash, which injured a motorcyclist.
It happened early this morning at the intersection of North Lois Avenue and Hillsborough Avenue.
Police said a man on a motorcycle was hit by a black car. The car then lost control and spun into a Shell gas station.
A tire on the car blew out and the driver abandoned the car and left the scene.
The motorcyclist was transported to a local hospital.
TPD officers are trying to locate the driver and are running a tag on the car.
The gas station was temporarily closed and eastbound lanes of Hillsborough Avenue were blocked off just before North Lois Avenue. Drivers were rerouted.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Arrest made in attack on 90-year-old veteran in Winter Haven Publix parking lot
- Lakeland man charged with child abuse after 18-month-old suffers burns to face, head
- St. Pete family grieves death caused by tossed rock at overpass
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student
- Seminole Heights Murders: Man recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children