WASHINGTON D.C. (WFLA/CNN) – A federal grand jury in Washington D.C. has approved the first charges in the investigation led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.
The charges remain sealed under orders from a federal judge.
Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, according to sources.
Special Counsel Robert Mueller was appointed in May to lead the investigation into Russian’s involvement in the 2016 election.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student
- Seminole Heights Murders: Man recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children
- US has released partial records from long-secret Kennedy assassination files