SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Nine brand new Toyotas were totaled after a car carrier overturned in the southbound lanes of I-75 near Clark Road.
Around 11:30 a.m. Friday morning, the semi was traveling in the center lane and drifted to the right lane, then left across all lanes and entered the grassy median. As the semi came onto the median, it overturned on its right side, blocking all southbound lanes.
The driver sustained critical injuries and was airlifted to a Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Highway officials said he may have had a medical episode.
The incident remains under investigation.
All lanes are still closed and motorists have been advised to seek alternate routes at this time.
No further details are available at this time.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Winter Haven PD seeks witness video of suspect hitting 90-year-old veteran in Publix parking lot
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student
- Seminole Heights Murders: an recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children
- US has released partial records from long-secret Kennedy assassination files